Handgun Safety Course
The Handgun Safety Course is held bi-monthly at the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office for Putnam County residents. There is a $45.00 charge for this course, seating is limited and on a first come first served basis.
Q. Do I have to be a resident of Putnam County to register for the course?
Q. When is the next Handgun Safety Course?
A. Here is the 2016 course schedule.
- September 21st - Registration is closed for this course
- November 16th - Registrations will not be accepted after November 11th
Q. What time is the course held?
A. From 7PM to 10PM.
Q. Where is it held?
A. At the Putnam County Bureau of Emergency Services
Putnam County Training & Operations Building
112 Old Route 6
Carmel, N.Y. 10512
Q. How do I register?
- Download, print and complete this form.
- Mail the form with a $45.00 POSTAL MONEY ORDER made out to Putnam County Commissioner of Finance.
- The form and payment must be received by the Sheriff’s Office no later then 5 business days before the course.
Putnam County Sheriff’s Department
3 County Center
Carmel, NY 10512
Attn: Central Records
After the disclaimer and payment is received a confirmation email will be sent to you.
Q. I am registered to attend the next course, do I need to bring anything with me?
A. A pen and photo ID.
Q. I need to print another form, where is it?
A. Download it here.
Q. I have another question that is not covered here, who do I contact?
A. Click here.